30. Describe Rutherford's gold foil experiment, observations and conclusions of the
experiment and Rutherford's nuclear model of the atom.
i) In a reaction,5.3 g of sodium carbonate reacted with 6 g of ethanoic acid. The
products were 2.2 g of carbon dioxide,0.9 g of water and some sodium ethanoate.
What is the expected weight of sodium ethanoate? Prove that this data is in agreement
with the law of conservation of mass.
ii) Calculate the number of molecules of S present in 16 g of solid sulphur.(Given
atomic mass of sulphur=32u)
I)expected weight of ethanoate = (5.3+6)-(2.2+0.9)
(law of conservation of mass)
ii)molar mass of s8=32×8
no of moles = 256/16
no. of molecules = 6.022 × 10^23 ×256/16
hop it helps you
mark my answer as brainliest
In Rutherford experiment, fast moving alpha particle were made to fall on thin gold foil.
• This gold foil was about 1000 atoms thick.
• Alpha Particles are doubly charged Helium ions.
The following observations were made:
■ Most of the fast moving alpha particle passed straight through the gold foil.
■ Some of the fast moving alpha particle were deflected by making small angles.
■ Surprisingly one out of every 12000 particles appeared to be rebound.
Rutherford concluded from the alpha particle scattering experiment that :
• Most of the space inside the atom is empty because most of the fast moving alpha particle passed straight through the gold foil without getting deflected.
• Few of the fast moving alpha particle were deflected indicating the presence of a positive body inside the atom.
• A very small fraction of the alpha particle got renounced indicating that all the positive charge and mass is concentrated in a small volume within the atom.
Hope it helps..
Mark as Brainliest....
the answer for s present the n the following picture
rutherford and his student (hens gerg nd michal ) performed a expermient on gold foil with alpha particles.in his experminnt a energy is emiites from radiation of alpha particles .the screen is round and coated with alpha particles when the enrgy strike those alpha particles it glow ...but this expermint doesnt have godd result..
hope it helps
he take a thin gold foil sheet and alpha rays.
when Alpha particle strike on thin gold for some of them turn back ,largely deflect ,small deflect ,pass straightly.
from this experiment he observed that a molecule contains nucleus which have positive and charge it have electrons which have negative charge .