1. The new technology did not replace the existing art of producing books by hand because in the past the print technology was very costly.
2. Many writers were not able to bear it. Handwritten books were appreciated, and the people were interested in reading them.
3. The borders were illustrated by hand with college and other patterns where painted.
4. The letters were imitated using ornamental handwritten style.
To read more:
Following are the reasons that the new printing technology did not completely replace the existing art books by hand:
1. The newly printed books followed the recorded manuscripts in look and design.
2. The metal words copied the ornamental hand techniques.
3. Edges in printed volumes were illustrated by hand with foliage and other designs and figure were painted.
4. Handwritten records were still appreciated.
5. In the writings for the rich people, space was kept for design on the printed pages. So that the buyers could easily decide the art school that would do the design.