answer the following questions, from the ﬁgure given below:
(1) line is the transversal of other two lines?
(2) in all, how many angles are formed?
(3) how many pairs of alternate angles are formed? are ?
(4) how many pairs of corresponding angles are formed? are ?
(5) how many pairs of interior angles on any one side of the transversal are formed? are ?
[ Any line which intersects two lines in
two distinct points is called a transversal .]
2 ) 8 angles are formed by the transversal.
They are <1 , <2 ,<3, <4 , <5 , <6 ,<7 and <8
3 ) Alternate angles :
pair of interior angles are ,
( <3 , <5 ) , ( <4 , <6 )
pair of exterior angles are ,
( <2 , <8 ) , ( <1 , <7 )
4 ) Four Pair of Corresponding Angles are ,
( <1 , <5 ) , ( <4 , <8 ) ,
( <2 , <6 ) , ( <3 , <7 )
5 ) Two pair of interior angle same side of
the transversal are ,
( <4 , <5 ) , ( <3 , <6 )
I hope this helps you.
solution of your questions are as follows,
1) Line PQ is transversal of other lines viz. AB and CD.
The reason: A line which intersects two or more lines at distinct points is called transversal.
2) Angles formed 8.
A transversal formed in total eight angles out of which 4 are interior and 4 are exterior.
3) Four pair of Alternate angles
2 pair of Alternate interior angles
2 pair of Alternate exterior angles
let we mark 1,2 ,3,4 angles starting from left at X and by same way at Y 5,6,7,8
➡️2 pair of Alternate interior angles
( angle 4 and 6),( angle 3 and 5)
➡️2 pair of Alternate exterior angles
(angle 1 and 7) ,(angle 2 and 8)
4) 4 pair of corresponding angles
1) angle 1 and 5
2) angle 2 and 6
3) angle 4 and 8
4) angle 3 and 7
5) 2 pair of interior angles on the same side of transversal. these are
1) angle 4 and 5
2) angle 3 and 6
hope this helps you.
(2) eight angles e.g., ∠AXP , ∠PXB , ∠BXY ,∠YXA , ∠CYX , ∠CYQ , ∠QYD, ∠DYX.
(3) eight angles .
e.g., interior alternate angles : ∠AXY, BXY , ∠CYX and ∠DYX
exterior alternate angles : ∠AXP, ∠BXP, ∠CYQ and ∠DYQ.
(4) four : (∠BXY, ∠DYQ ) ; (∠PXB, ∠YXD ) ; (∠AXY, ∠CYQ ) and (∠AXP, ∠CYX)
left side of PQ tranversal line : ∠AXY, ∠CYX
right side of PQ tranversal line : ∠BXY, ∠DYX
*4 alternate angles are formed when a traversal passes through parallel lines.
*I.e 2 alternate interior angles
and 2 exterior angles
Hope it helps you
Please mark as brainliest
2 types of alternate angles are there
there are two pairs of alternative angles
6,3 and 5,1
where is the figures
pls mark me as brainlist
Step-by-step explanation:2 pairs
1 ) PQ is a transversal to lines AB and
2 ) Total 8 angles are formed , They
<PXB , <PXA,
<BXQ , <AXQ,
<DYP , <CYP ,
<QYD , <QYC
3 ) Two pairs of alternate angles
are formed they are,
( <AXQ , <PYD ),
( <BXQ , <PYC )
4 ) Four pairs of corresponding angles
are formed , they are
( <PXB , <PYD ),
( <BXQ , <DYQ ),
( <PXA , <PYC ),
( <AXQ , <CYQ )
5 ) Two pairs of interior angles same
side of the transversal formed , they
( <BXQ , <DYP ),
( <AXY , <CYX )
(1) line is the transversal of o...