Anything that has mass and occupies space is called matter
Matter is classified into three types in terms of physical states.
They are :
<> particles are tightly or closely packed.
<>The space between the particles are tiny [ it is tough to compress them.]
<>Solid has fixed shape and volume.
<>It is rigid
<>Force of attraction between particles is adamant.
The rate of diffusion in solids is very LOW.
<>particles are less tightly packed as compared to solids.
<>They take the shape of the container in which they are kept.
<>They are difficult to compress as particles [less space between them to move].
<>Liquids have fixed volume but no fixed shape.
<>The rate of diffusion in liquids is higher[ than that of solids.]
<>Force of attraction between the particles is weak [ as compared to solids ]
<> particles are far apart from each other.
<>Force of attraction between the particles is negligible
<>Gases move freely
<>Gases have neither fixed volume nor fixed shape.
<> The gaseous state has the highest compressibility when compared to solids and liquids.]
<>The rate is diffusion is higher compared to solids and liquids.
Also , Matter is classified into 3 types in terms of composition:
Explanation:element, compound and mixture
Matter is divided into three physical
compositions. There are
Hope it will helps you...
Plz mark this as brain liest answer
Two principal ways of classifying matter are according to its physical state (as a gas, liquid, or solid) and according to its composition (as an element, compound, or mixture). A sample of matter can be a gas, a liquid, or a solid. These three forms of matter are called the states of matter.
mark me as brainliest
1. INTERMOLECULAR SPACE - It is the space between the particles of the respective state. It is maximum in gases , moderate in liquids and minimum in solids.
2. INTERMOLECULAR FORCE OF ATTRACTION - It is the attracting power of the molecules of a state of matter. It is maximum in solids , moderate in liquids and minimum in gases.
3. SHAPE - Solids have definite shape , while gases and liquids have indefinite.
4. VOLUME - Solids and liquids have definte volume while gases have indefinite.
HOPE IT HELPED.. :))
2) how matter is classified in terms...